Monday, August 18, 2008

In Granpa's Honor (Our First Post)

Our family vacation to Hawaii!!!


Greg's work sent him to Hawaii for three weeks. The kids and I came out for 12 days, worked out to be a great vacation We spent most of our time playing on the beach, building sand castles, looking for sea shells, (by the way we didn't find many and ended up buying them), chasing crabs, and swimming, swimming, and swimming! We did so much swimming that Ellie's hair turned bright green. I told her that she should of born a fish instead of a girl, "she laughed". We love spending time as a family, so being able to come to work with dad is great!




We went on a 2 mile hike to a beautiful waterfall. We saw lots of pretty flowers, trees and birds. Of course Jett wanted to kick the birds.

The best part of the waterfall was watching the kids swim in the cold water. Ellie wasn't sure about swimming out to the waterfall at first, but with a little coaxing from her dad she went. She swam all the way out by herself.

Now Jett we couldn't get him out of the water, and of course I was the photographer.

The highlight of the trip for Jett was that he finally got his train ride. All he wanted to do was ride the choo choo. We took a train ride through the Dole plantation. It was the first time Jett sat still the whole trip.


"Jett new face of the Month"

The kids loved playing in the ocean, they would run in and out with the waves. Dad talked both Ellie and Jett into body boarding. They loved it until both of them got rolled. The last day of the trip however, Ellie got stung by a jellyfish. She screamed for 30 minutes and than took it like a champ. However she would not go swimming in either the pool or ocean until right before we left to the airport.

Of course the winning activity for the trip was been thrown in the air by Dad in the swimming pool. As jett would say "go high in the wa-wa."


5 comments:

Jodi Collins said...

I'm being a snoop but I was so excited when I heard you were creating a blog. You did a great job on your first post. Just like a champ.

Grandma Lynn said...

Jodi let me in on your secret blog address, and I couldn't wait to take a peek. It's great! You better let Grandpa S. in on the secret too!

Everyday Sparkles said...

Greetings Walker 4. We had a wonderful time enjoying Hawaii with you. Here's to another trip. Thanks for all the superb dinners Greg & many thanks to Jet for taking my mind off airplane travel. I loved watching that guy!

walkerfamily said...

Looks like a fun trip! Great job on your first post. You've got me beat by far, i'm still learning. I hope Ellie's leg is ok. Give her a kiss for me.

Anonymous said...

Leslie, I found you!!! Where are the bows?? You've done a fantastic job with the blog, and I am amazed at how much Ellie has grown (sorry if I misspelled her name) If you can blog you can email! TeeJay22@aol.com
Love,
Tami J